Intramural sports are a great opportunity to meet people, exercise, and engage in some competition, all in a welcoming environment. Find a range of activities open to people of all skills and abilities with options to be played at recreational or competitive levels.
Sign up and get playing
The Intramural Sports Program is open to all University of Dubuque students, faculty, and staff. Individual and team registration is managed and administrated by IMLeagues. If you would like to sign up for a sport but do not have a team, you may choose to register as a free agent.
How to Register
- First time participants should log onto imleagues.com/Registration.aspx and create an account.
- If you have already set up your account, skip this step and go directly to the school home page for University of Dubuque.
- Click on your sport's icon or join a team.
- Select the day and time of the league for which you wish to register.
- Select "Create a Team" or "Join a Team."
- Complete the necessary information and agree to UD's terms and conditions.
- Click on "Submit." Once your information is processed, you'll be automatically directed to your team's homepage.
- From the team homepage, add participants to the roster (players must have a profile in order to be added to a roster).
- IMLeagues will generate and post your team's schedule after the registration deadline passes.
The Spargar traveling trophy is part of a friendly competition between UD's Intramural Sports Program and Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC). Spargar is a combination of the two schools' mascots, the Spartan and the Cougar. At the end of an intramural sport league or tournament, the Spargar Game is played between the best sportsmanship rated team from each school in a specific sport. The Spargar champion takes the trophy to their respective school to display it until it's won by the opposing school during the next intramural sport.
Developed by the Wendt Character Initiative, and in accordance with University of Dubuque's Mission and Values, this award is given to intramural sport participants who encourage moral and ethical behavior, practice Christian principles, and appreciate diversity.
Intramural Sports Contact
Jose ReinosoAssistant Director of Rec/Wellness; Coordinator of Intramural Sports
Phone: 563.589.3845 Email: JReinoso@dbq.edu Office: 207 Chlapaty Recreation & Wellness Center