Application Process for Financial Aid
- Obtain a FSA ID for use throughout the federal process from the U.S. Department of Education's website. If you already have a FSA ID, skip this step.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or as soon as possible after October 1. You may file the FAFSA online using your FSA ID. Our federal code is 001891.
- TIP! Take advantage of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool service to make your FAFSA filing easier. During the FAFSA application process you will be prompted to use the Data Retrieval Tool and the information provided by your taxes will be transferred for you into the FAFSA.
- TIP! Have you forgotten your FSA ID username or password? The easiest way to reset your FSA ID username and password is by clicking the Forgot My Username or Forgot My Password links on any of the Department of Education's websites. You may also manage your FSA ID username and password. If you are able, you can stop by the Office of Student Financial Planning where our staff can help you navigate the screens required to reset your FSA ID. Alternatively, you may call the Department of Education at 800-433-3243 to have your username or password reset.
- You may check the MyUD portal under the Financial Aid tab to check the status for any needed financial aid documents to complete your file. Promptly submit any additional information or documents requested by the Office of Student Financial Planning (usually if you were selected for a process called verification).
- Watch for email announcements for your Financial Aid Offer beginning the first week of March. Your UD assigned email will be used.