Report a Problem
Members of the UD community are encouraged to submit a report here about a Crime or Emergency.
Members of the UD community are also encouraged to report crimes, abuse, harassing phone calls, suspicious activity, or other emergencies immediately to the Office of Safety and Security. Dial 563.589.3333 or 3333 from any on-campus telephone. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Well-marked safety telephones are located throughout the campus and can be used to report crimes or other types of emergencies.
When calling the Office of Safety and Security about a problem, follow the following guidelines:
- Try to speak slowly and remain calm.
- Give your name, and state where you are.
- Specify the type of emergency: police, fire, medical.
- Describe the situation as best as you can. Who? What? When? Where? How?
- Let the Safety and Security Officer know if the emergency is about to happen, is happening then or has just occurred?
- Clarify whether weapons are involved.
- Give the most accurate description possible of suspect(s) or vehicle(s) involved, and any additional information that may prove useful to the police department.
- Listen carefully to what the communications officer on call says and follow his or her directions.
Reporting Non-Emergencies (loud music, etc.)
Dial 563.589.3333 or within a campus telephone 3333;
Reporting an Accident
Automobile accident report forms are available at the Office of Safety and Security located at Smith Hall (2205 Grace Street, Room 112).
Reporting an Incident
If an incident occurs (i.e., property loss, vandalism, loud noise/music, suspicious person) contact the Office of Safety and Security. A Safety and Security Officer will take your statement and file a report. If in doubt that an incident should be reported, call the Safety and Security Officer.
Reporting a Theft
If a theft is suspected or occurs in residence, students should immediately report it to a member of the Residence Life Staff and the Office of Safety and Security. The Director of Residence Life will assist the student in should they wish to notify the Dubuque Police Department.
Making an Anonymous Report
Members of the UD community can also submit an anonymous report here about a Crime or Emergency.