Student Learning Outcomes
The Business major is for students desiring a broad-based understanding of both for- and not-for-profit enterprises and those who may wish to own their own business. Upon completion of the major, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of course and/or all business disciplines - accounting, finance, economics, management, marketing, and global issues.
- Work productively with others in diverse roles and effectively lead by influencing, inspiring, and motivating individuals and groups to achieve results.
- Use technology tools effectively and efficiently, demonstrating an ability to acquire new skills and commit to continual technological learning.
- Display effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, good insight and judgment, and innovative and creative thinking.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. Graduates will listen, deliver powerful presentations, and produce effective business writing.
- Behave in a manner that demonstrates objectivity, integrity, and ethical behavior, including a commitment to stable work performance.
- Display a strong understanding of business concepts, principles, procedures, and standards.