The seamless transition to a Bachelor's degree!
The University of Dubuque's Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) guarantees admission to qualified students from accredited community colleges. Students may apply to enroll as traditional or LIFE (age requirements apply) students.
Admission to Teacher Education and Nursing programs, requires separate application, and approval by the respective departments.
Meeting TAG eligibility requirements:
- Students are eligible for admission to the University of Dubuque through TAG if they are a candidate for, or have earned, an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from an accredited community college.
- The application process requires that students submit the online Application of Admission, and their official college transcript.
- Enroll at the University of Dubuque following graduate from the community college before attending another college.
Benefits of TAG to transfer students:
- No additional supporting documents are needed.
- We will waive the $25 application fee for TAG applicants.
- We will waive the $200 admission deposit for TAG applicants when they commit to attend the University of Dubuque.
- AA and AS meet the General Education Requirements at the University of Dubuque (with the exception of Judeo Christian Traditions).
Many students who have not earned an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree are still exceptionally well-qualified and are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to the University of Dubuque through the regular application process.