Student Learning Outcomes
The Communication major provides a multi-faceted program of study that begins with an understanding of foundational, theory-based communication to develop basic critical thinking skills vital to working in emerging 21st century communication technologies. Upon completion of the Communication major, students will be able to:
- Describe the communication discipline and its central questions.
- Employ communication theories, perspectives, principles, and concepts.
- Critically analyze messages.
- Create messages appropriate to the audience, purpose, and context.
- Utilize communication to embrace difference.
- Apply ethical communication principles and practices.
- Influence public discourse.