Leadership and Management Certificate Programs
The University of Dubuque offers Leadership and Management Certificate programs comprised of concentration-specific courses. The courses are a subset of one of our degree programs. After completing a certificate program, you may elect to continue on to complete a full degree. The option is yours! We offer certificate programs in the following areas:
Aviation Leadership: Prepare to be an aviation leader for professional excellence
- AVI 600: Contemporary Issues in Aviation (3)
- AVI 620: Aviation Safety and Risk Management (3)
- AVI 640: Leadership and Management in Aviation (3)
- AVI 645: Crisis Management and Operational Continuity (3)
Organizational Diversity and Inclusion Leadership: Identify, recognize, and remove barriers that impede productivity for the 21st century workforce
- DIL 601: Foundations of Diversity and Inclusion (3)
- DIL 610: Cultural and Social Group Identities (3)
- DIL 615: Managing the Diversity and Inclusion Change Initiative (3)
- DIL 620: Diversity and Inclusion Measurement and Accountability (3)
Communication Management: Become an effective communicator and a versed manager
- COM 605: Managerial Communication (3)
- COM 620: Intercultural Communication (3)
- COM 640: Public Relations (3)
- COM 647: Stakeholder Engagement (3)
Sport Management: Become equipped as tomorrow's sport business leader to succeed in an ever-changing sport landscape
- HWS 610: Contemporary Issues in Sport Marketing (3)
- HWS 615: Contemporary Issues in Sport Law and Risk Management (3)
- HWS 620: Contemporary Issues in Sport Sociology and Ethics (3)
- HWS 625: Contemporary Issues in Sport Administration (3)
Certified Financial Planner: Become a certified financial planner in an ever-changing wealth management industry
- KFP 511: General Financial Planning Principles, Professional Conduct, and Regulation (2)
- KFP 512: Risk Management, Insurance, and Employee Benefits Planning (2)
- KFP 513: Investment Planning (2)
- KFP 514: Income Tax Planning (2)
- KFP 515: Retirement Savings and Income Planning (2)
- KFP 516: Estate Planning (2)
- KFP 517: Financial Plan Development (2)
To be considered for admission to a certificate program, a student should have one of the following:
- A four-year bachelor's degree (preferred).
- Related work experience and 60 or more undergraduate credits.
Applicants with no related work experience or academic credit will require an interview by the program director to demonstrate other factors that support enrollment.
Applicants who are traditional undergraduate students must have 60 or more credit hours at the time of application, obtain permission from the program director, and demonstrate extreme maturity and exception coursework in their undergraduate courses.
Note: Applicants will be interviewed and/or evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Certification Completion Requirements
- Complete the minimum number of hours required for the certificate program (12)
- Attain a grade point average of at least 3.0 on all courses taken for the certificate program
- Complete all requirements within a one-year period
For more information on Leadership and Management Certificate programs, contact the Office of Graduate Studies at GradStudies@dbq.edu or 563.589.3664.