The Wendt Character Initiative's theme for 2021-2022 is Cultivating Compassion.
Applications for the Wendt Character Scholars Program for the 2022-23 academic year will be open December 1 - January 31.
- Wendt Character Scholars Kickoff Picnic
- Character Day
- Faculty/Staff Book Discussions of Native by Kaitlin Curtice
- October 4: Black Boy
- October 25: Wendt Character Lecture - Kaitlin Curtice
- November 15-19: Gratitude Week: Wendt Character Scholars will be engaged in activities across campus and the community. Other departments/programs are encouraged to find ways to celebrate with their own students.
- December 1: Wendt Character Scholars program applications open
- Wendt Character Scholars Kickoff Pizza Party and Service Project
- Faculty/Staff Book Discussions of Saving Us: A Climate Scientist's Case for Hope and Healing by Katherine Hayhoe
- January 31: Wendt Character Scholars program applications close
- January 31: Freedom Riders
- March 14: Wendt Character Lecture - Marcus Eriksen
- Wendt Tea: Faculty Grant reports
- Sparty Athletic Awards: Wendt Character Athlete of the Year and for each sport