Outright Investments and Pledges


One of the most popular ways to make an outright investment is by cash, check, money order or certified check. 

To make an investment of CASH, please bring it to the Advancement Office during business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our office is located on the second floor of Van Vliet Hall. We ask that you please do not send cash via mail or other couriers. 

To make an investment via CHECK, MONEY ORDER, or CERTIFIED CHECK, it should be made payable to the University of Dubuque, and mailed to the following address:

University of Dubuque
Advancement Office
2000 University Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001 

If you wish to designate your investment, please indicate your preference in the MEMO section of your check or in an accompanying note. We recommend you contact us regarding your interest in designating your gift to ensure that we can accommodate your request at 563.589.3158 or 800.4UD.ALUM (800.483.2586).

Matching Investment

Many companies match any current investments of cash, stocks, or bonds made to higher education by their employees and often employees' spouses and retirees. This is a tremendous benefit that can greatly expand individual contributions to the University of Dubuque.

Check with the human resources office at your company to determine if they offer a matching gift program. You may be able to double the value of your investment. The company's matching investment form should be sent to UD with the individual's gift.

Donors are entitled to income-tax deductions for their individual investment only, but the University recognizes the donor with the total amount of both personal and matching investments.

Double the Donation

Matching Gift and Volunteer Grant information provided by
Powered by Double the Donation

Electronic Funds Transfer

The most efficient and safe way to transfer stock/securities to UD is by electronic transfer. This allows the University of Dubuque to receive 100% of the value of the transfer, eliminating brokerage fees. 

If a broker is holding the stock/security, your written authorization will be needed in order for the broker to make the transfer to the University of Dubuque. It is important that you identify for your broker the stock/security you want to transfer, how many shares, and the purpose of the gift when it reaches the University. 

After you've completed the authorization process, have your broker contact the Advancement Office at 563.589.3158 or 800.4UD.ALUM (800.483.2586). We will provide instruction on how to complete the transfer.

Note: Although you may have donated securities to the University in the past, be sure to contact us before you make the transfer. From time to time, the instructions may change. A call from your broker can eliminate any unnecessary problems.

Wire Transfers

A wire transfer may be of interest under special circumstances. To make a wire transfer, please contact the Advancement Office for wire instructions at 563. 589.3158 or 800.483.2586, 800.4UD.ALUM.