Vocation & Civic Engagement Services
Pathways to a Meaningful Life: Supporting One's Gifts, Strengths, and Talents
UD's Vocation & Civic Engagement Services
We welcome scheduled phone or virtual consultations. Please utilize the below staff contact information or email Career@dbq.edu
- Amy Baus, Psy.D., Director of Vocation, Civic Engagement, & Life Services, Assistant Professor of Psychology, ABaus@dbq.edu, 563.589.3512
- Ellen Carr, M.B.A., Associate Director of Vocation & Civic Engagement Services, ECarr@dbq.edu, 563.589.3167
- Marie Maguina Heller, M.Ed., Assistant Director of Vocation & Civic Engagement Services, MMaguinaheller@dbq.edu, 563.589.3633
- Ciaira Grinstead, B.S., (Master in Management - Communication Management, in progress), Graduate Assistant, CGrinstead@dbq.edu, 563.589.3725
Visit the Vocation & Civic Engagement Services Comprehensive Moodle Page
Students are encouraged to log into Moodle and visit the Vocation & Civic Engagement Services Moodle page found within their "My Course" listings. This comprehensive page provides a wealth of career related resources, such as internship and employment opportunities, as well as resources on vocation and civic engagement.
Visit the Veterans Resource Comprehensive Moodle Page
Students who are Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces are encouraged to log into Moodle and visit the Veterans Resource Moodle page found within their "My Course" listings. This comprehensive page provides a wealth of resources organized by topic, including the Sigi3 Career Exploration and Military Occupational Coder, Cross Reference Service.
- Leadership & Service with Stipend Opportunities (AmeriCorps & Peace Corps)
- Study Abroad Opportunities (International) Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, these opportunities may be postponed
- Graduate & Professional School Information (Domestic)
- Internship Guideline Dates & Resources (Domestic & International)
- Graduating Seniors - Employment Opportunities (Domestic)
- Featured Career Resources
*Interested in participating in leadership & service with stipend opportunities?
National Service thru AmeriCorps click here
International Service thru Peace Corps click here
*Interested to learn how Study Abroad can enhance your Career Development? Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, these opportunities may be postponed
Click here to view International Opportunities and Resources endorsed by UD
*Interested in pursuing graduate or professional school in the U.S.?
click here to view information
|Internship Guideline Dates & Resources||Graduating Senior Resources|
November for a Spring 2021 Internship
• Employment search readiness checklist
• Full-time and part-time employment postings, per employers request click here
|March for a Summer 2021 Internship|
|May for a Fall 2021 Internship||• Local, regional, and national career fairs click here|
|• Career Library's jobs board click here|
|• To view domestic internship postings by major, per the request of employers click here||• International employment opportunities click here|
|• To view UD internship placements by major for contact click here||• Additional Employment Resources click here|
|• To view international internship opportunities click here||• Life After College click here|
|• Career Library's national internship postings click here|
**Online Career Library powered by Vault.com, provided by UD's Advising & Vocation Center and the Charles C. Myers Library**
About Us: UD's Vocation & Civic Engagement Services values the uniqueness of each individual and their ability to choose pathways to a meaningful vocation. By providing expertise, resources, and support, we assist those we serve to maximize their liberal arts and professional studies education, and develop the highest possible competency level.