How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
Application Process for Financial Aid
- Create an FSA ID, a username and password combination, that allows you to sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form electronically as well as access other U.S. Department of Education websites. If you already have an FSA ID, skip this step.
- File the FAFSA on or as soon as possible after October 1. You may file the FAFSA online or by using the myStudentAid mobile app, available on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). Click here to watch a short video about completing your FAFSA using the myStudentAid mobile app. Our federal code is 001891.
- TIP! Take advantage of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to make your FAFSA filing easier. During the FAFSA application process you will be offered the opportunity to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool automatically transfers tax information into the FAFSA.
- After your FAFSA has been submitted, check the MyUD portal under the Financial Aid tab to see if any information or documents are required to complete your file. Promptly submit any additional information or documents requested by the Office of Student Financial Planning.
- Watch for email announcements for your Financial Aid Offer beginning the first week of March. Your UD assigned email will be used.