UD Preceptor Overview
University of Dubuque Preceptors “PA” it forward
- Clinical preceptors are vital in the educational experience of future PAs.
- University of Dubuque Physician Assistant Program clinical preceptors are integral to the professional development of our students, sharing their expertise through facilitation of quality hands-on clinical experiences and patient interactions.
- Precepting is a community and professional service which positively impacts the delivery of optimal healthcare.
All of our students will complete core rotations in the following:
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Psychiatry/Behavioral Health, and Rural Medicine, as well as three elective clinical rotations.
- Student participation in patient care outside of traditional scheduling (call, overnights, and weekends) and clinical outreach in alternative settings is encouraged!