Academic Success Center (ASC)
ASC Mission Statement
The mission of the Academic Success Center (ASC) of the University of Dubuque is to assist students to become self-determined, motivated, and independent learners. We take a proactive approach in helping students develop the learning strategies necessary for success in the classroom and in professional life.
- Provide instruction and services that will support students in developing skills to promote academic excellence
- Promote academic success through strategic use of resources
- Increase student retention and graduation rates
- Create an environment that will foster creative, collaborative learning
Services include the following:
- Academic Coaching
- Disability Services
- Testing Services
- TRIO/Student Support Services
- BE SMART Tutoring (Business, Economics, Science, Mathematics, Aviation Regulations, and Technology)
- Writing Center
Hours & Location
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is located on the second floor of the Charles C. Myers Library.
ASC Hours - Winter Break
- Monday, Dec. 18 - Thursday, Dec. 21: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 22: Closed
- Monday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Dec. 26: Closed
- Wednesday, Dec. 27 and Thursday, Dec. 28: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 29: Closed
- Monday, Jan 1: Closed
- Tuesday, Jan. 2 - Feb. 2: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (closed Sundays)
Spring 2018 ASC Hours (starting Feb. 5):
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The ASC is closed on University Holidays. For more information, please call 563.589.3262 or email JGreen@dbq.edu.
ASC Online Scheduling for Tutoring and Writing Consultations
The ASC uses a web-based appointment scheduling system for tutoring and for writing consultations. This system, known as WCOnline, allows students to view ASC tutor/consultant schedules and to make appointments at the students’ convenience. More detailed instructions can be found on the BE SMART Tutoring or Writing Center webpages, but to get started you can register for an account by going to https://dbq.mywconline.com/. Once you have registered on your first visit, you only need to provide your UD e-mail address and WCOnline password to sign in to view our schedules.
Please Note: Students may still drop in to the ASC to receive assistance without an appointment, but tutor availability is not guaranteed. If you need assistance in a specific subject area not listed on our online schedule (sociology, religion, etc.), please e-mail James Drury, Assistant Director of the ASC, at JDrury@dbq.edu or call the ASC at 563.589.3262. We will always try to find a suitable tutor but we cannot guarantee that one will be available.