Delays and Cancellations
Inclement weather can sometimes make it necessary to delay the start of classes, cancel classes, or close the University of Dubuque campus and LIFE site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. The Office of the President, in consultation with appropriate University administrators, makes the decision as soon as possible to delay the start of classes, cancel classes, or close the campus.
In general, the following timelines will apply:
- Any decision to delay the start of classes or campus opening will be made by 6:00 a.m.
- Cancellation decisions may be made by 6:00 a.m. if conditions warrant.
- If there is a delay, the decision to then cancel would be made by 7:30 a.m.
- If an early class release or campus closure is necessary, the decision would be made by 12:00 noon.
If there is a delayed start, the first classes of the day will be those immediately following the delayed start time.
When the campus is closed, only essential personnel should report to work.
When inclement weather is upon us, there are a number of ways you can learn about University of Dubuque delays and cancellations. To provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, we recommend checking your University of Dubuque e-mail first for delay and cancellation information.
University of Dubuque Sources
The following University of Dubuque alert notifications will be updated with delay or cancellation information:
- Campus Security will send an e-mail notification to students, faculty, and staff
- An announcement will be posted on UD’s website homepage at www.dbq.edu
- An announcement will be posted on the Campus Portal homepage at www.dbq.edu/campusportal/
- An announcement will be shared on UD’s social media platforms including Twitter (@UDubuque) and Facebook (@UDubuque)
Students, faculty, and staff will receive an email to the email address on file. (NOTE: To receive e-mail directly from the University of Dubuque, you must be in UD’s information system as a student, faculty, or staff member).
In addition to the University of Dubuque sources, the following media outlets are notified of delay and cancellation information:
Townsquare Media: WJOD 103.3, WDBQ 107.5, WDBQ 1490-AM, Eagle 102.3, Y105
Queen B: Super Hits 106.1, Xtreme 107.1, 97.7 Country WGLR
Radio Dubuque: 92.9 KAT FM, 97.3 The Rock, 101.1 The River
KCRG - Cedar Rapids, IA (ABC, Channel 9)
KWWL - Waterloo, IA (NBC, Channel 7)
KGAN - Cedar Rapids, IA (CBS, Channel 2)
KFXA - Fox News (FOX, Channels 28/40)
Telegraph Herald - Dubuque, IA (www.telegraphherald.com)