Men's Soccer Score Off Corner in Victory Over MSOE
Sep 14, 2017
MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The University of Dubuque men's soccer team jumped out early to a 1-0 advantage at 19:03 before hosts Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) knotted the game just four minutes later after a long ball and a break away. UD captured the game winner off a corner kick from Andrew Guelle to Kyle Klatka, who scored off a header to win 2-1 over Milwaukee School of Engineering on Wednesday evening.
Dubuque, Univ. of 2, MSOE 1
How It Happened
- The Spartans finished with seven shots in opening half and added eight in final 45 minutes of action
- MSOE held the edge in corner kicks 6-3 over the Spartans
- UD finished with 15 shots and held MSOE to 11 shots.
For the Spartans
- Goalkeepers: Brandon White (3 saves, 1 goal allowed, 45:00), Patrick Openchowski (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 45:00)
- Scorers: Ivan Sanchez scored unassisted in 19:03, Kyle Klatka scored header at 77:52
- Compiled three offsides as they tried to push the pace of the game
- Chris Rigby led with three shiots and was called for a yellow card at 87:08
Goalkeeper: Riley Bruce(3 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
Scorers: Braden Andryk scored off an assist from Sean Tabbert at 23:03
Up Next for the Spartans
-UD (4-1 overall) host Macalester under the lights of Oyen Field on Friday at 7:30 p.m.