Employer & Representative Networking
- Online employment, internship, volunteer, service-learning postings on the Vocation & Civic Engagement Moodle and webpage
- Online resource links to the Vocation & Civic Engagement Moodle and webpage
- On-campus Informational Table
- Informational and Mock Interview Programs
- Collaborative Speaking Engagements within Professional Skill Development Course Sections, Per Discretion of Instructor
- Collaborative Speaking Engagements within Alternative Courses, Per Discretion of Instructor
- Employer/Representative Site visit collaboration for Students
- Off-campus Employer/Representative Open House Event(s)
- Area Collegiate Events (ie., Interview Days, Networking Fair & Etiquette Dinner)
- Collaboration with Academic Department Interview Days, Per Discretion of Departments
- Iowa College Recruiting Network (Employer Fall and Spring Interview Days)
- Collaborative Engagements through the Office of Campus Scheduling and Event Planning
Employers and representatives shall request to participate in any of the above listing for the purpose of networking with students and/or alumni from the University of Dubuque by contacting a professional staff member within Vocation & Civic Engagement services or the desired Faculty, Adjunct, or Teaching Staff Member. The Networking Request Form (link can be found below) must be completed by the employer or representative of the organization testifying to its commitment to equal opportunity for any of the following: employment, gap year experiences, graduate/professional school, internships, volunteer, civic engagement, and/or service-learning opportunities.
The permitted frequency of networking opportunities may differ per employer or representative based upon enrollment of students and/or the anticipated volume of alumni engagement in the activity and/or event.
We will not approve on-campus networking opportunity requests, participation in Area Collegiate Events, endorse participation within Iowa College Recruiting Network Events, and/or promote Off-campus Employer/Representative Events for the following:
- The opportunity displays discriminatory hiring practices based upon age, race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other character protected by law
- The opportunity is combined with the marketing and/or sale of products or services to students and/or alumni
- The opportunity is to enroll or register with an online system bank or registry
- A financial investment is required on the part of our students or alumni including: (a) The student/alumni is required to pay a nonrefundable fee for trainings(s) or certifications necessary to perform tasks; (b) The student/alumni is assessed for any sort of fee for placement; and/or (c) An investment is required including, but not limited to membership fees; start-up fees; portfolio costs; the purchase of sample or sales kits, and/or marketing kits, etc..
- The position’s compensation structure is 100% commission, including other pay structures whereby the employee is not paid a promised hourly wage or salary on an established pay schedule/period
- The employer/representative provides financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for the organization and for which the networking staff member receives a portion of the new hire’s commission
- The opportunity is for an independent contractor or self-employment or “own/start your own business”. These include, but are not limited to: (a) positions that are structured as a ‘pyramid scheme’; (b) position is multi-level marketing; and (c) 1099 independent contractor
- The opportunity involves on-campus solicitation, posting of materials, or sales of products or services not authorized by the University of Dubuque Services for Vocation & Civic Engagement
If an employer and/or representative of an organization is declined, a follow-up phone call and/or email will be provided from professional staff within Vocation & Civic Engagement services, or from the desired faculty, adjunct, and/or teaching staff member as to the rationale for the decline.
If an employer and/or representative of an organization is approved but later found to be in violation of any of the above, all networking privileges will be rescinded indefinitely through the University of Dubuque Services for Vocation & Civic Engagement.
- The networking is not confirmed until the employer and/or representative of an organization receives confirmation from professional staff within Vocation & Civic Engagement services, or the assigned faculty/adjunct/teaching staff member
- Requests to network should be received by professional staff within Vocation & Civic Engagement services at least two weeks prior to the requested dates
- Allow two weeks prior notice for professional staff to adequately promote your networking opportunity and/or schedule you for a networking opportunity
- If you must cancel your networking opportunity, please call professional staff at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled networking opportunity
- Employment agencies must disclose to professional staff the organizations that they will be representing in order for networking requests to be confirmed
We wish to provide a positive relationship with employers and/or representatives of organizations, however, if guidelines are not adhered to, we reserve the right to withdraw all networking opportunities.
If you agree with the above, please proceed to the Networking Request Form. Fill in all required data, provide signature with date, and then press "Submit".