Orientation Resources and Information
Living on Campus
There is a lot of excitement associated with living on campus. It's your opportunity to fully embrace what it means to be a college student. Below are some resources with helpful information as you prepare to leave home and join the Spartan community.
- Residence Halls- Curious about the various types of residence halls on campus?
- Packing List- What should you bring with you to campus and what should you leave at home? Check out what's included in your room and what to pack to make UD your new home.
- Expecting some mail? Be sure to share your campus address with family members and remind them that care packages are always welcome!
- Packages must be addressed as follows:
University of Dubuque
2000 University Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
- Packages must be addressed as follows:
- Parking- Are you planning to bring your car to campus? Find out all the information you need to know about parking on campus.
- Meal Plan- Don't worry, we didn't forget about the food. Follow the link for more information about meal plans and dining options.
- Technology- Want more information about your campus email, course moodle pages or printing on campus?
The University of Dubuque prides itself on being a very diverse campus. We have a large population of international students, domestic students from all parts of the country, a large number of veterans, a healthy ROTC program, and a character initiative program. For more information about these various groups, click the links below.
Medical & Security
Wondering what vaccinations you should have prior to move-in or where you will go to the doctor if you get sick? No need to worry; the following links will help make sure you are aware of any medical needs.
Your safety is also a top concern. Click here for more information on the campus safety and security services available on campus.
Looking forward to getting involved when you arrive on campus? You're in luck! There are a number of ways to connect to the campus community once you are here. Below is some additional information on clubs and organizations, intramurals, and intercollegiate athletics. There really is something for everyone!
Being a part of the Spartan community is something special. To help make sure you are getting the most out of your time here we wanted to make you aware of some additional services you may be interested in.
- Campus Ministry- Interested in finding out more about the faith services on campus? Check out Campus Ministry.
- Counseling Services- We understand that coming to college comes with a number of emotions--sometimes good and sometimes bad. Because of that, we have Counseling Services available on campus.
- Vocation & Civic Engagement Center- Are you unsure about your major? Or what you want to do for a future career? Check out our campus Vocation & Civic Engagement Center for help in navigating those tough questions.
- Library- Also known as the campus hub, the Library has tons of items available for you to check out. Board games, movies, umbrellas, and of course books! The Library can also assist with your research needs.
- Academic Success Center- Are you a little nervous about taking your first college level courses? Are you interested in receiving help from tutors in various subject areas? The Academic Success Center has a number of professional and peer staff tutors to help ease the transition and to increase comprehension in various subject areas.
- Financial Planning- If you have questions about financial aid, scholarships, or work study, Student Financial Planning in the place to go.
- Babka Bookstore- The Babka Bookstore makes getting your textbooks really easy! Check out their website for more information about reserving your textbooks today.
- Transfer Credits- Did you take AP classes in high school? Those credits can easily be transferred to the University of Dubuque by completing the form.
- Academic Calendar- Curious about breaks and important academic deadlines. The Academic Calendar has all the important dates you will need to know.
- Advising- You will be assigned an academic advisor. This person will help with class scheduling and direction during your time at the University of Dubuque.
- FERPA Release- You have choices on the level of involvement of your parents or guardian in you academics here at the University of Dubuque. Look here for more information about FERPA regulations and what rights you have as a student.
- Core Curriculum- Want to know more about what general education courses are required? Contact a member of the Core Curriculum Committee to learn more.