Donnell Hall is one of three freshman residence halls. It is located near the Chlapaty Recreation and Wellness Center, the football field and the other athletic fields. The residence hall is co-ed, with one floor dedicated to women and three floors for men.
Donnell Hall was built in 1967, financed by government funds and the Donnell family. Donnell Hall was named for A. Douglas Donnell, board member (1940-1978) and chair (1949-1964). Douglas Donnell and David Cassat were close friends, so the proximity of the buildings is appropriate. Like Cassat Hall, the interior of the residence hall underwent major renovations in the summer of 2003.