The information on this page is for students regarding requirements for graduation. For information about the commencement ceremonies, please go to www.dbq.edu/commencement.
Application for Degree
Application deadlines are as follows:
- For December graduates - May 1
- For May and August graduates - October 1
All Graduation Application forms are available at: Grad Forms
Important Policy Reminders
- Students currently enrolled at the University of Dubuque who wish to pursue two undergraduate degrees simultaneously (e.g. BBA in Business, BS in CIT) must satisfy the program requirements for both degrees as well as completion of a minimum of 150 credit hours.
- At least 12 credits in the major must be completed at the University of Dubuque, although some majors may require more.
- For the completion of a degree, students must achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (a C average) for all credits taken at the University of Dubuque and for all credits required for the chosen academic major/minor, unless a specific major/minor requires a higher GPA for credits within that major/minor. See department listings for details specific to the major.
- No more than 6 of the final 36 credits prior to degree completion may be taken outside of the University of Dubuque.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once you have submitted your graduation application, all follow-up communication and commencement information will be sent to your UD e-mail address. Please check your e-mail regularly for any updates!
Commencement Participation Policy
Commencement: Thursday, December 13, 2018December Participation Policy
Students in any one of the following categories may participate in the December commencement ceremony:
- Students who successfully complete all scheduled classes for fall term and have completed all degree requirements at the conclusion of the fall term.
- Students who have previously completed all degree requirements and did not participate in the May ceremony.
Commencement: May 18, 2019
- Students who successfully complete all scheduled classes for spring term and have completed all degree requirements at the conclusion of the spring term.
- Students who have previously completed all degree requirements and did not participate in the December ceremony.
- Cum laude is awarded to those who earn a cumulative average of at least 3.50
- Magna cum laude at least 3.75
- Summa cum laude at least 3.90