About - MMSM
The Masters in Management /Sport Management is designed to reflect the latest advances in the field of the business of sport, presenting an applied and practical approach to skills and knowledge critical to success in the industry. Through its broad but rigorous curriculum, the program develops leadership abilities and administrative proficiencies with an eye towards sport management, aiding the development of a specialized and comprehensive skill-set. This degree will prepare students for careers in Sport Management, Recreational Management, Facility Management, as well as other administrative careers in the tourism, recreation and sport areas. As this is meant to be an applied program, students will finish their degree program by completing a comprehensive capstone seminar that ties work experience to both classroom theory and the CAS standards in Internship. If students have the desire to pursue terminal degree studies after completion of this degree, thesis projects will also be considered in place of the capstone experience. As with all Masters in Management programs, the MM/SM is grounded in Wendt standards of compassion, integrity and justice.
The Masters in Management / Sport Management (MM/SM) is a 30 credit hour program. Courses are offered in 8 week formats in a hybrid delivery model. Students attend class one night a week for the 8 weeks as well as given rich assignments that help them explore independently (or in groups), important course learning outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited or domestically recognized international institution of higher education (official transcript required).
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A formal application and three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to successfully complete a graduate degree.
- A personal statement of objectives for pursuit of this degree.
- Demonstrate writing competence.
- Program application fee.
- Approval of Graduate Admission Committee.