Mission, Vision, Goals, and Values
The Mission of the University of Dubuque Physician Assistant Program is to prepare master’s level primary care physician assistants who will practice with physicians and other members of the health care team. The program is committed to developing clinicians who are educated in all aspects of healthcare with special emphasis placed on primary healthcare in rural and underserved areas. This is in keeping with the commitment of the University of Dubuque to instill:
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation
- Stewardship of all God's human and natural resources
- Zeal for life-long learning and service
The Vision of the program is to prepare students to become primary care PAs oriented toward service to rural and underserved populations.
The Goals of the program are to:
- Prepare competent and skilled PAs who pass the PANCE examination
- Prepare graduates for careers as compassionate, capable, and caring PAs
- Maintain instructional quality by ongoing self-assessment and corrective action
The program will assess progress towards these goals on a yearly basis with internal reports covering enrollment, exam scores, student and faculty evaluations, and a graduate survey. Benchmarks for each of these reports have been established, and adjustments/modifications will be made as needed.
Our conduct, ideals and ethics are based on these Values: