Mission, Vision, Goals, and Values
The Mission of the University of Dubuque PA program is to train qualified Physician Assistants in order to prepare them to serve the surrounding region as health-care providers. This is in keeping with the commitment of the University of Dubuque to instill:
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation
- Stewardship of all God's human and natural resources
- Zeal for life-long learning and service
The Vision of the program is to prepare students to become primary care PAs oriented toward service to rural and underserved populations.
The Goals of the program are to:
- Prepare competent and skilled PAs who pass the PANCE examination
- Prepare our graduates for careers as compassionate, capable, and caring PA-Cs
- Maintain instructional quality by ongoing self-assessment and corrective action
The program will assess progress towards these goals on a yearly basis with internal reports covering enrollment, exam scores, student and faculty evaluations, and a graduate survey. Benchmarks for each of these reports will be established, and adjustments/modifications will be made as needed.
Our conduct, ideals and ethics are based on these Values: