Program Mission, Goals, and Outcomes - MMCM
The Master in Management - Communication Management (MMCM) program’s mission is to help graduates develop an understanding and application of management practices and leadership skills in an organization. In addition to gaining practical competence in a specific field of study through a real world work experience, graduates will be prepared to think strategically, integrate and construct new knowledge, develop intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies, and apply excellent moral character to the practices of an organization.
- Lead and manage with in-depth knowledge in key areas of finance, human resources, operations and strategy.
- Exercise character and ethics in decision making.
- Communicate effectively across the global business landscape.
- Think and act both tactically and strategically in complex business situations.
- Facilitating two-way communication in organizations, build relationships between organizations and publics, and across cultures, interact with traditional, social and emerging media channels effectively, monitor change for forward planning
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Apply excellent moral character and professional ethics to the practices of an organization. (Program Goal 2)
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening and electronic media by using the language of business coupled with interpersonal and communication skills to lead organizational groups in a physical or virtual presence. (Program Goal 3)
- Critically evaluate, analyze, and interpret information concerning human, intellectual technological and material resources to solve problems and make business decisions occurring in both structured and non-structured environments. (Program Goal 4)
- Exhibit a rigorous understanding of core business operations reflecting an integration of functional perspectives. (Program Goal 1)
- Utilize methods which foster innovation in organizations and respond effectively to new circumstances, enabling organizations to realize the impact on products and processes. (Program Goals 3 & 4)
- Acquire and utilize knowledge of behavioral, policy, and strategic issues to improve the effectiveness of the organization.(Program Goal 1)
- Appraise organizational cultures with a clear conception of intercultural communication and corporate culture distinctions and respond with professional skills and analytic insight. (Program Goal 5)
- Employ public relations principles when planning and managing integrated marketing and social media strategies; as well as when problem solving and responding to communication crisis. (Program Goal 5)